Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nephew Wes posted a fabulous video on Facebook from 1970 of a party at my twin, Betty's, house in Margate. His father, gone so many years ago, took it with his movie camera. My sibs and I, now the older generation, were young marrieds in our thirties--all so animated and so happy and so beautiful! Our mother is shown, younger than Betty and I are now. Our children were there, just little kids and now they're approaching middle age and at least one is a grandmother. Of course, none of us were thinking of who would be alive in 2009. And there were some--all laughing and talking like everybody else--who wouldn't live to 1980, although the matriarch had almost 40 more years of life to go. We were all there except brother Larry and his gang and Jay, not yet born. What a wonderful gift for Wes to give us--and what a wonderful family in which to belong.
Aside from that--went to the library and picked up a CD of Frank McCourt reading his book, 'Tis, so I can work on my Irish accent for my monologue in the acting workshop.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...