Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Heavens, I didn't get up until 6:25 today, very late for me. Had a web cam "visit" with P. and N. yesterday--so enjoyable. Had a long chat with Betty and we tried to see each other, but her web cam seems to be acting up. Talked to A., of course. Got to B.J.'s and a few other places in Manahawkin. Other than that, nothing thrilling going on. Looking forward to the Wellspouse dinner in Freehold tonight.
Wider: My friend, Gerri B., sent a long piece by Ann Jones on the escalation of troops to Afghanistan and the corruption and chaos we've unleashed there. Gerri asks plaintively,
"Why is Obama determined to perpetrate this horror?"
I think she's one of those decent, caring people, who were ever-so-enamoured-of-"change," they were easily hoodwinked by Obama and his war-loving crowd. They should have known as soon as Biden became his running mate.
Maybe they did know, but convinced themselves otherwise. Remember the passage in 1984 when O'Brien tells Winston Smith that he can't deny he had "known all along" of the horrors of their society? I believe many of those who championed Obama "knew all along" there'd be no change in our bloodthirsty imperial ways, but couldn't bear to recognize that knowledge.
I'm so sorry for them and for the rest of America--but more sorry for the innocents we continue to slaughter.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...