Thursday, October 10, 2024

Wednesday

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig. 

It was a long day--it always is from one coast to the other, of course, but I weathered it pretty well. Got up at 7:00, gathered and packed my belongings, had breakfast, and left at 11:00.  That sentence can be read in a flash, but naturally, it was a fair amount of work. It would have been no prob, except for one thing: I couldn't find my debit card. 

Lately, I've been using it virtually all the time, rather than using a credit card, as I like to keep track of in-and-out funds easily. Usually, I pay, ask for a receipt, then stick both in my wallet. On Monday, I treated for lunch--three meals at a restaurant somewhere near Bordentown--and, I thought, did the same. However, neither were in my wallet, purse, or anywhere else. The restaurant was called, but they didn't see it, so I reported it stolen and will get another. I hadn't bought another card with me, but had seventy or so in cash, but I wasn't too concerned.  

Ninety minutes or so to PHL airport, kisses goodbye, and had lunch at the Irish Pub (a mediocre hot dog and a good IPA) sat around for an hour or so (I don't mind this, as I love to observe the passing parade). The plane was completely full, as the one from Cal was, but there was little turbulence and I almost enjoyed it.

Happy day: when I got to the LAX baggage claim area, I found a cart rental--eight bucks and they take cash. I put in a ten and was charmed to receive two half-dollar coins, one bronze.  Considering I had two heavy suitcases, my laptop, and my purse, it was wonderful. There were come complications with the Airporter pickup (you need to be at the "Ride Share" area, but I got it and was conveyed to Oxnard Airport, the first stop. As planned, I called Suzanne from there, and she was waiting when I got to the Sheraton in Ventura.

Home, I just had a few pretzels and a glass of Crystal Lite, got the coffee set up for the morning, and took some citrus out for breakfast, then went to bed at 11:00. Oddly, I awoke at 5:00 and felt well rested, so got up then. I miss, miss, miss those I saw in Jersey, but it's still good to be the home I've made for myself here. 

Today, I'll devote to going over to unpacking, visiting Von's for essentials, and other mundane chores. T.O.P.S. tomorrow, so will call Cheryl to pick me up and be back to the good life I've made here.   

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...