Monday, October 07, 2024

Sunday

Finally met in person my tenants of five months, Lori and her mother, Prudence. If I had sat down before they moved in and wrote up my wish list for who I wanted, I couldn't have done better. Lori, who is a graduate of Penn State, is a regional manager for a decorating and furniture firm. She has a son and he and his wife  gifted her first grandchild, a girl, just a month ago. Lori's other child is a daughter who is studying for her masters degree in, of all places, Dublin, Ireland. Lori's mother, who's nicknamed "Pru," is 2 years younger than I am, slender and attractive, and quite a talker. 

The house is just spotless and beautifully arranged by Lori. There are a fair number of antiques, but it isn't antigue-y looking, just comfortable and homey. Lori had some small baked goods to offer us after she gave us the tour, then we chatted longer for a bit.

I was glad to see my old neighbor and long-time friend, Susan, at her house across the street and went over to chat for a bit. One of these days, I hope she'll visit her friend, Pat, who lives near L.A. and we'll get together.

After our goodbyes to Lori and Pru, we stopped at Acme for dinner fixings, as company is coming.

I was happy to get a Message from Don S., my son Mike's friend, asking if I was available to meet while I'm here. I wrote back to see if we could meet for lunch today 

On the way back from Little Egg, I ran into an old friend:

                                                        

                                             THE JERSEY DEVIL !  

Luckily, I escaped and got away without harm.  

A family dinner topped off the day beautifully--lots of good food, including a great meat loaf and yummy yams--and best, time with those I love. We had a lot of fun playing a cut throat game of Taboo, also. 

Incidentally, after some gray and rainy days, the weather has turned beautiful. It's been all blue skies and sunshine here and that's my favorite kind.   

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...