Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well with the surgery recovery. She brought an ice machine, which she said was given to her--I assume it was covered by insurance--specifically designed for knee surgery. You put ice and cold water in the tank, which flows through a hose to a kind of flat contraption to wrap around the knee. El also lay down on my bed and did her daily exercises for the leg while we brought each other up to date on our recent doings. 

Greg came back at 1:00 and we went to Steven's Greek for lunch. It was, as ever, great fun to be with them--we had plenty to talk about. They came back to my place and both lay down for a short nap. While they did, I swept the patio, dead-headed the geraniums, and cleared the pine needles from the succulents. El's P.T. appointment was in Oxnard at 3:15, so they left about 3:00. I'm so glad she's progressing so well, and so grateful to Greg for taking such good care of her.

Ordered my calcium citrate complex from Amazon and refill of Ramipril (for blood pressure) from Express Scripts. I had called the doc to get some before the full Rx comes and within an hour, CVS texted me to come in and pick them up. I hope I'm nearing the end of things I have to do to compensate for being away for two weeks. 

Now here's a puzzle: When I was in Jersey, I got a note asking me to call the Public Guidance Office about possible assistance for Jim. I waited until yesterday to do so, and when I did, the woman I reached said he wasn't listed in their office, as they work only with those with conservatorships. I assume that means people who have been declared incompetent to care for themselves. The part I don't understand is who wrote the note and who suggested I call them. I'll follow up tomorrow, I guess.

TODAY, I'm meeting Diane for lib lunch and I made sure I sent a confirmation!  In response, that naughty girl said she's bring extra wine to reward me. 😄

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...