Friday, October 11, 2024

Thursday

Hoo-boy, I spent most of the day on the chores that had piled up while I was gone. Although I didn't get to bed until 11:00 Wednesday night, I got up yesterday at 5:00 am. Oddly, I didn't really feel any jet lag or tiredness. I dealt with various, including getting a start on the documents that have to go to Little Egg for the mercantile license. Texted Lori that Tony, the gardener, had called to say he'll look at the Japanese maple and see if it might be treated or would have to be removed. 

I went over to the office to discuss the damn new Bilt arrangement they have for rent payment Of course, I don't have to participate; I could authorize BOA to send the rent itself automatically, but that means the utility bill, which varies from month to month, so I would have to do it separately. I spoke to Kim, the "assistant community director" (grandiose title!) and, in fact, was impressed with her professionalism. She suggested I make an appointment to see her, bring my laptop, and she'll help with the Bilt registration thing. I said I had heard the complex was going to be sold and she confirmed it. Hey, I don't care as long as I can do my thing here. Went from there to Von's for broccoli, frozen blueberries, and plant milk, then continued my catching up labors and, believe me, they're far from finished.

Ellen called to say she has doctors' appointments on Monday and suggested she come here in-between (possibly to lie down, as she's still recovering from the knee surgery), then we could go to dinner at Lure Fish House with Greg. Sounds good and we'll do that.

T.O.P.S. this morning and I'm quite sure I've gained. Although I was very active in Jersey, I also went out to eat a lot; I'll soon see how bad the damage is.     

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...