Monday, October 14, 2024

Sunday--And Is My Face Red...

Why's that? Read on:

Got up at 5:00 and did a color wash during breakfast. After fooling around with this and that, I packed my lunch and set off over the foot bridge to meet Diane at the library. As I was leaving, I ran into Leah upstairs and we chatted for a bit, so I didn't get to our rendezvous until 11:59. Diane wasn't there yet, which was odd, as she's usually early. I sat and waited for her...and waited...and waited. At 12:20, I called her and it went to voice mail. At this point, I was alarmed as the last time Diane didn't show up, she had had a seizure and was in the hospital. Finally, after calling her again, I called the office where she lives and left a message asking that somebody check on her (but I don't think the office is staffed on Sundays). Anyway, she finally called me about 12:30, saying I had never responded to her suggestion for lunch. AAGH! I looked and there's so "sent" message from me to her. I know I had written it out, but forgot to hit "send." Okay, we made a make-up date for tomorrow and this time, we'll both show.   

Anyway, I stayed to eat my lunch--why not?--then stopped in the library which, happily, is open until 2:00 on Sundays. Sat reading for a half hour or so, then took out the book and bought another. I didn't feel like going home after, so bused to the mall and Target (two days in a row) for olive oil and butter spray. Home at 4:00.

Ellen and Greg will be here today and, I hope, we'll go to lunch in between her appointments--looking forward to that, of course.  

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...