Thursday, October 03, 2024

Wednesday

 Went to Laurel Memorial yesterday. The azaleas on either side are overgrown, but are still there:


Here I am at the grave; my own name is inscribed on it, too, of course:

Also buried there are my children's grandparents:
And my twin sister's husband and son:

Earlier, I picked up the rental mercantile license I need to submit because of my house being rented. Stopped at Stop 'n' Shop for salmon and so on, it was delicious for dinner.

Ellen called and it was so good to hear she's progressing so well. She's doing the exercises from the visiting P.T. and Greg is continuing to be such a help and support.

I was also surprised and delighted to get a call from Muckie after dinner. I talk to her every month or so, but it's been a while and we needed to keep up. We were on the phone for almost an hour and I was glad to hear the cancer hasn't progressed and, aside from fatigue, she's doing well.

Pat niece, Amy, asked if we might be able to get together--not sure, as we have a pretty full schedule, but maybe. Meeting my niece, Joan, for lunch today. 

No comments:

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...