Sunday, October 06, 2024

Saturday

An active, varied day. Picked up a kid in Bordentown, then attended some rousing contests in Ewing at MBPC (Mercer Bucks Pickleball Club). After that, it was over to Robbinsville and one of the most spectacular complexes I've ever seen--or even imagined--the Hindu temple in Robbinsville:

These pictures don't even begin to suggest the magnitude and magnificence of the place. We spent several hours there, marveling at it, inside and out. I understand it's the largest Hindu temple in the country; I can't believe there'd be a larger one in the world.

Today, it's down (or over) to my house in Little Egg to meet my tenants, then preparing for company for dinner. Having a ball.

2 comments:

Patti Rogers said...

A group from here went to visit the site. They, like you, were in awe. Not many people know about it. I would love to go but I understand there is a lot of walking so I won’t go. I always thought the best pizza in the world was DiLorenzo’s in Trenton near St. Francis. They have relocated to Robbinsville. We’ve been there but it’s not the same. So glad you are enjoying wonderful New Jersey.

Mimi said...

Pat, if you can get a friend to push you, wheel chairs can be used. They have push chairs there, too, or I assume you can use your own. In the big centerpiece, the temple, there's also an elevator for those who can't climb chairs. All the other areas are accessible via ramps, too.

Monday

Ellen and Greg got here about 11:30 and while Greg went to Peets for coffee, El reported on her doctor visit; happily, things are going well...