Thursday, December 07, 2023

Wednesday

Note: I don't know how I screwed up the alignment here, but I can't seem to fix it and I quit trying. 

Jumped in the shower after breakfast, then couldn't decide what to wear to the BCNN Christmas luncheon. Should I go casual or--for me--a bit dressed up? Finally decided on dress-up and wore this outfit:

                                                                  

I called Stella to see how her surgery went. Very well, she said; she was still in the hospital, and she and Joshua were eating breakfast in her room. 

Julie picked me, then Bernice, up and off we went to the Oxnard Yacht Club. We had a good time and here are a few pics, including Julie and a tree:

I was startled when I saw her duck into the kitchen (door sign: "employees only") until I remembered she had worked as an accountant at the club for ten years and she was greeting former colleagues.  

Our table, sans Julie, who took the pic. L. to r. are Margaret, me, Regina, and Bernice:
The table settings had a nautical theme:
Some of the group:
An amusing incident: During the party, I received a call from Susan Geldart, my old walking companion, friend, and neighbor in Sunrise Bay. She said she had gotten the gift of a Rosemary plant from California, but she had no idea who had sent it. She put together "Rosemary/California" and naturally figured... But no, it wasn't from me, so it's still a mystery, but we had a fine time catching up with each other's doings.

Home about 2:30 and I finished up my Irish Creme gifts, attaching ribbons and serving info. Those glass containers weigh a ton, so I'll ask to borrow Suzanne's pull-thing, so I can take these to T.O.P.S. tomorrow:
 The larger ones are for Cheryl, who picks me up for the meeting every week, and Lora, who has taken me all over southern California so often. I had given Julie her much larger bottle yesterday and she called after to tell me she was sipping already. She also said she and Lora wanted to take me to lunch for my birthday; I told her I'd like that when I get back from my trip.

Speaking of which: Ellen came after school to drop off my suitcase, which I'll need it for my that. She stayed for a good talk and told me (some of) the trials and tribulations of being a third-grade teacher. She said Greg had decided he didn't want to go out for his birthday dinner tonight after all, and we may later.  I told Jim that, when he happened called shortly thereafter. He said he also wanted to take me to lunch for my birthday--good grief, I've got lunch dates to be lined up in the year 2024!

I called niece Carolyn to tell her I wouldn't be going to Villa Alamar on Tuesday. I saw Betty not too long ago, and besides, Diane is taking me to Hill Street Cafe for liver on that day. As ever, I enjoyed talking to Carolyn and catching up. By that time, it was almost 7:00, but I wanted to try an "Easy Baked Meatballs" recipe my FB friend, Trish, had posted. Did so, substituting ground turkey for beef (I don't eat red meat, as a rule), had some for dinner and it was good.  

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Your top is one of the best I’ve seen. I love it.

Mimi said...

Thank you, my dear. Hey, it's slimming, what else can I want for?

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...