Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Tuesday

Went over to Quest for my blood test and was home before 8:00. Had breakfast, did a few Christmasy things, then geared up to meet Diane at the Hill Street Cafe. We finally got our liver and onions, but it may have been the worst meal I've ever had. The liver was overdone and tough, the onions and broccoli just the opposite. If I had been paying, I would have sent it back, but I didn't want to hurt Diane's feelings--after all, she was treating me for my birthday. Well, the Modelo was good.

Other than that, we had a good time. Incredibly, we sat and talked for three and a half hours. We always have lots to say to each other and yesterday, it ranged all over the map. I gave Diane her Christmas gifts of Irish Cream and funny socks that say "Give Me Some Wine." We finally got up, hugged goodbye, and Hill Street Cafe was probably glad to see us go.

Went over to Hallmark to get some Christmas stickers to put on cards and so on. I was disappointed with the choices, but got two kinds. Now I must buckle down and finish Christmas cards, plus--urgent!--pack for my trip. Nervous? On edge? Why no-o-o, of course not--AAGH

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...