Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Monday

 Whew, whew, and double whew. "Busy" turned to hectic yesterday. I walked to the P.O. and discovered that the small packages I was sending to Japan would total more than fifty bucks in postage. I knew the Capo of the Tokyo Trio would have fits and conniptions if I spent that for the modest presents, so I took the larger box home, removed a few things, repackaged, and walked back. It's three-quarters of a mile each way, so I got three miles in.  Of course, I could--and have before and heretofore, will--send an Amazon gift card, but there's a reason I didn't do it this time.

After that, I dealt with the other gifts, glad I had finished with those that have to be sent somewhere. That sounds so simple, but when you're dealing with four children, four grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren, it isn't. Then there are the friend gifts. It worked well to give Julie, Lora, Cheryl, and Diane Irish Creme, but that isn't appropriate for Suzanne and Vickie. We give only token gifts, anyway, and I worked up some cute little one, which include a wooden tree ornament, some small candies, and a hand-painted bookmark by my friend, Lora. I also sent the two little girls in Rancocas--sort of family--Christmas pins I had bought at The Townhouse affair the other day. 

Will leave soon for my blood test today at 7:10--I was glad to get one of the early spots--then my birthday lunch, courtesy of Diane, at noon. Liver and onions--oh, mama, I can't wait!

My bedroom window, at dusk:

Those candles--I have them at the kitchen window, too--were one of my best buys. They have batteries,  of course, but they're light activated. When it gets dark, they go on, with light, they turn off, so I just put them the windows and forget them. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...