Saturday, December 23, 2023

Friday

Well, I had a great time in New Mexico, but now I'm back and, for a time, must keep my nose to the grindstone. Did two loads of wash--whites and colors--and had them dried, folded, and put away early on. That's quick and easy to type, but it took awhile. 

It's amazing how many birthday wishes I--via every avenue available, it seems (in person, regular and e-mail, Facebook, text, Message, phone), and I spent several hours doing my best to acknowledge them all. Called Carolyn Bowman, who had Messaged me hers, and we talked for quite a while, her peculiarities more evident than ever and, considering she's only 62, that's alarming. 

Walked over to Von's to replenish my veggie supply. I surprised myself at all I got, including fresh broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, apples, potatoes, and Kabocha squash. Also picked up some frozen food:  creamed spinach, green beans and almonds, plus something called "antioxidant blend," which simply contains a few veggies in olive oil. Rock cornish hens were on sale, so I bought two of them. I think I'll eat vegan as long as I'm still here and not at Ellen's and, as much as possible, will prepare and freeze what I can.  

As soon as I got home, I cut up the cabbage, apples, and half of a large orange, then put them in the slow cooker. With the ground turkey stir-fry and carrots, I had gotten out of the freezer, that made a good dinner.

Happy day: For the first time in I-don't-know-how-long, I slept soundly. Didn't awake until almost six  and I feel wonderfully invigorated. That's great, as now I have to turn my attention to organizing and and wrapping  gifts, packing for Ellen's, and food for later prep.

P.S. Jeanne Painter sent me the funniest "date gone wrong" video, which I'll try to put on here once I figure out how.  


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...