Sunday, December 24, 2023

Saturday

Still very busy. It occured to me that it was stupid to buy as many vegetables as I did, as I'll be a Ellen's probably over two nights. So I blanched the cauliflower to ready it for later roasting; chopped the broccoli and froze it raw; boiled the potatoes, froze some and had some with dinner; froze a portion of the cabbage and had the rest for lunch, and--well, I think there was something else, but can't remember what.

After lunch, I tackled the gift organizing and wrapping. I then realized--AAGH!--the one I had ordered hadn't come yet--and it was for somebody here. What to do? What I did was run over to Hallmark, which has some interesting (and pricey) items. I found something that I actually like better than the one I ordered, so bought it and will return the other. 

Muchie called to wish me a belated and we talked for an hour and fifteen minutes. She said she had run into Alice Wayland, who is now 90. She looks wonderful and I remember her as a kind, sweet-hearted person. I went all through St. James and Holy Spirit with her sister, Cassie, who, sadly, died fairly young--I think in her fifties. How I'll miss Muckie when she's gone, but happily, so far, the cancer is stable and I hope it stays that way for a long time to come. 

Got a nice card from Julie with a "birthday lunch soon promise," so that makes three coming up--from her, Noreen, and Jim. Hey, there's nothing I'd rather do--aside from win the lottery, that is. Also, I'll be picked up today and whisked to Ellen's for Christmas.

Mike messaged that he nd family have reached Lake Tahoe, where they'll spend Christmas; he sent pics of the girls:

                                             

Violet seems to be having fun, but Vivian? Just enduring her kid sister's antics, I guess.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...