Saturday, December 16, 2023

Friday

Plane flight wasn't bad--only an hour and a half, then got picked up and stopped at Applebee's for dinner. Slept well and it's now 5:10 am.

A neat thing that happened yesterday--besides getting here in this beautiful place--was the trip to LAX via the Airporter. A girl named Catherine and I struck up a conversation. It turned out that she just graduated from Thomas Aquinas College, in Ojai, and that she works as a server at Lure. I go there often and love their sand dabs. I gave her my card, as I often do with compatible people I meet. She remarked on the fact that I teach acting and when a woman sitting behind us heard that, she joined the conversation. It turns out that she teaches acting, also, but in a professional capacity. She has a masters in theatre arts and teaches in the Oxnard school district. When she heard I was with Fractured Actors and that auditions are coming up for a new show, she was very interested and said she'd email me. I suggested she look up FA's website and Facebook page, also. As for me, I think I'll get in touch with Shannon or Erica and see if there might be any small part for me. Hillary also sings, and that would surely interest F.A., too.

                                  


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...