Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Tuesday

Did this and that in the morning, then bused to Rincon Brewery for the Reardon Funeral Home presentation. I've walked this before--a little less than two miles, but it was very warm, about 75, so I took the bus.

I was early, but Diane came shortly and we settled in with about ten others to hear the funeral home pitch. In fact, I've been at the same thing before, a few years ago and the long and boring presentation was offered by the same woman I had seen before. Short, chubby, and about fifty, I guess, she's dog trainer, also. We were "supposed to" fill out and give her a questionnaire, but I didn't, explaining that I wanted to think about it. She was very much annoyed , of course, but I didn't care, I only came for the excursion and the free lunch and I want to donate my body to science, anyway. 

Bused back and stopped at Von's for more whiskey and heavy cream, so I could make up another batch of Molloy's Irish. Did that when I got home and apportioned it in attractive glass containers, as before. I'll bring Julie's, as she's picking me up this morning. I put it in my new small cooler to keep it cold while we're at the BCNN luncheon. Also did my roasted cauliflower thing and, since I was still full from lunch, had just some of that for dinner.

Niece Carolyn texted me that Villa Alamar is going to "celebrate" Betty's birthday on Tuesday next (as my Aunt Maggie used to say) and would I like to go? I was going to accept, but I've changed my mind. I was there not long ago, it's a long way, and at this point, Betty wouldn't care, anyway, so I might pass. Besides, Diane is taking me to lunch for my birthday (although it's not for a few weeks), as they have liver and onions, which we both love. She can make it either Monday or Tuesday, but I'd rather the latter.   

Speaking of unsettled dates: Ellen called on her way home from work and Greg may not want his birthday lunch tomorrow (his actual birthday) is up in the air. I think he really doesn't want to drive here from Ojai after working until 3:00. On the other hand, I don't feel comfortable having Jim drive us over there. We discussed the possibility of the weekend, but it's still up in the air. 

My social life can get so damn complicated!  😜 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...