Friday, December 08, 2023

Thursday

Another full day. I asked Suzanne to lend me her wheely-thing--like a light-weight hand cart--so I can take my gifts (the Irish Creme, all in glass containers) to T.O.P.S. this morning. Of course, she did, but it's still going to be a hassle getting to the meeting. I called Cheryl, who picks me up, just to warn her it may take a bit to get it into the car.

After breakfast, I called Muckie and we, as always, had a good, long talk. She told me that Bob Hartman died a few days ago. He and (somebody--can't remember the name) had been a couple at Holy Spirit, then they broke up and he started going with, and subsequently married (ditto about the name), the original, HSHS sweetheart.  She died years later, then he and the first one got back together and were married for fifteen years or so. Muckie herself is doing okay. Her condition is never "better," but seems to be holding steady, which is all you can hope for, I guess.  I had to cut our usual hour-long conversation short, as I had a 10:20 appointment at Pacific Physical Therapy. 

Spend a half hour there, then bussed to Office Depot for printer ink. Yes, I could--and have--ordered it on-line, but I didn't want to wait. From there, I went to the other Target (not the one at the mall) and succumbed to my addiction, grapefruit, and bought two.  Also bought eight C batteries for the "candle" lights for my windows. I like them because they're darkness activated, so you don't have to think about turning them on and off. I looked there and at several other stores for loose-leaf paper hole reinforcements--nope, nobody had them. Finally gave up and bused home.  

Went back and forth texting with Greg as to a possible meet-up for his birthday, but nothing has been settled yet. Also talked to Ellen on the subject. Tomorrow, Suzanne, Vickie, and I are going to The Townhouse or their Christmas celebration and it occurred to me that Jim might want to join us. I called him and, yes, he'd like to go. When I suggested he meet us there, he asked if he could come with us, instead. Sure, so I told him to be here at my place at 5:15.

Here's the little--kind of mediocre, I'm afraid--decoration I put outside Suzanne's and my front doors. 

I might add some more lights--maybe weave them into the wreath.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...