Sunday, December 10, 2023

Saturday

 Met Lora at 9:00 at Starbucks and we got bagels and coffee, then ate in her car. And talked. And talked. And it was so good. She has some major family problems, I have some fairly minor personal concerns (who doesn't?) and it was so good to talk frankly with somebody compatible. At 68, Lora could be my daughter, but we've developed a close friendship and can confide in each other freely. She gave me a pretty candle for my birthday; hers is in June and I'll be sure to commemorate it.

She had to go to Michael's after and I went along, looking for loose-leaf hole reinforcements, but they had none. We stopped The Market next and both picked up some items. After we said goodbye (with many expressions of affection and wishes for a nice holiday), I walked the block to Wal-Mart and finally, at long last, found loose-leaf hole reinforcements. Bused home, had lunch, showered, then took a 45-minute nap. 

Jim arrived about 5:15,, Suzanne came out, and Vickie strolled over, bringing me a birthday gift, and the four of us drove to the Townehouse. It was, of course, festively arrayed; I especially liked the entrance: 

Enjoyed the strolling carollers, too: 

Jim and I enjoyed the champagne (S. and V. had water), but I was surprised at the food offered. It was all cookies and cupcakes--elaborate and delicious ones, of course (I met the chef/baker when Jim and I were there a few months ago and he's a culinary artist), but when I drink alcohol, I want savory, not sweet. However, I managed to gobble about ten thousand calories worth, washed down by champagne. It was a fun outing, 

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Was there a fee to go to the Christmas celebration? Probably not if it’s a marketing event? Sometimes we do lunches free, in fact, I don’t think we ever charge. How about The townhouse?

Mimi said...

No, Pat, there's never a fee. Naturally--and it's a good marketing strategy--when something becomes familiar, it's more attractive. Whether I can afford the hefty cost for a one-bedroom is the question. I know I can for the studio, but I don't want to live in one room. Also, I have other possibilities which my daughters have tentatively suggested, but we'll see. In the meantime, I enjoy attending Townehouse affairs and bringing my friends, too. BTW, I'm pondering whether I want to propose my Acting for Amateurs course there. I'd charge a fee, of course, but do I really want to make that commitment?

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...