Friday, May 30, 2014

The AC Press and Honeybrook Farm

Aside from domestic chores and a bit of weed-pulling, not much went on early in the day.
Got an e-mail from Louise S., telling me I now have "celebrity status" because she saw something about my upcoming employment seminar in The Atlantic City Press.  I searched all through my paper and didn't see it, so e-mailed her  back with--?.  Wednesday's paper, she wrote, and I fished mine out of the recycle bin, but didn't find it there, either.  Finally called the reporter listed for the section in question and we came to the conclusion it had been in the "Hometown" section.  That's tailored for particular areas, so I probably didn't get the Atlantic County one.  I couldn't find it on-line, either, and she was kind enough to offer to send me a hard copy.
Drove up to my friend's, arriving at 4:30 and we went to Honeybrook Organic Farm to pick.  We have a joint membership: I paid for one-third and she two-thirds, so we split the bounty accordingly.
And what bounty!  We got beautifully ruffled green- and red-leaf lettuce, white turnips, bok choy, and spinach--all in crates in the barn, so we could just pick out what's listed for "individual" members. We then went out in the fields and picked ourselves delicate little snow peas and best of all, big, beautiful, luscious strawberries.  
I was invited to stay for dinner, but declined, as it was after six when we got back to my friend's house.  We divided up the produce and when I got home, I had myself a big plate of cooked spinach along with spaghetti and meatballs.
Dinner and "A Night On Broadway" at St. Theresa's tonight, with Aline, Susan, and Walter.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...