Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Bad, Then Better And Best

Good, back-to-normal day, after the bad, an infuriating phone call from Roman K.  First, he congratulated me on my flyer for Dine-Around (it really wasn't anything special), then on the fact I was able to get Romanelli's for the amount I did, then said he had printed out the invitation and taken it around to the others I had e-mailed.
WHAT?!  I e-mailed to neighbors who have e-mail and attached the flyer.  How dare he second-guess me, as if somehow I was derelict in duty by not hand-delivering the things?  I was furious and even more furious that he was genuinely amazed at that.  Geez, both of that couple are the most friggin' of control freaks in the universe and preserve me from them.
Better stuff: Susan invited me to go the a A Night On Broadway at St. Theresa's on Friday and darned if Aline didn't, also.  I checked and found we can all go together, so we will.  Kevin Berdini, my murderer in Night Must Fall and the doomed Lovborg in Hedda Gabler, a wonderful singer and dancer, is one of the performers, and that will be a special treat.  What's more, there's a dinner first we can attend and we all decided to do that.  I picked up Aline at 12:30 and we went to the church office for all four; I'll give Susan hers today. Hand-delivered two more flyers to Neanderthals who don't have computers, then zipped off to Olive Garden for lunch. This is one of our favorite places, and I don't care what the food snobs say.
After, we each got a few items at Wal-Mart.  By the time we left, it was after 4:00 and we went down to a pavilion on LBI to view the water.  Lovely as ever, but it got chilly, so we didn't stay long.
Was pleased to get a return call from the Fitzsimmons sisters, who said they'd be delighted if I drop in to say hello after I take my sister-in-law, Regina, to lunch today. Margaret and Ilene live only two miles away from her in Cherry Hill.
Best:  The realization that the annoyance with Roman is no big deal in the scheme of things.


No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...