Monday, May 19, 2014

Tables

Betty called early.  When I mentioned I wanted an inexpensive folding table for possible future yard sales, she said Target had an ad for one on sale for $6.99, down from $9.99.
How could this possibly be?  The least expensive ones I had seen were $19.99.  However, I looked at my paper and yes, that's what it advertised.  I hotfooted it (an old expression; actually, I drove) up to Manahawkin to get one--even two--and that's when the fun began.
I don't want to go into the long, boring saga of misleading ad, diminished stock, ignorance and confusion (on my part)--it's enough to say I was there for about an hour.  It ended up that I was sold one of the heavy, more expensive (about thirty bucks) tables for $6.99 and a lighter one for the regular price of $25.  The salesclerks (oh, heaven forfend!  They're not salesclerks, they're team members!  Verily, euphemism is king in this land of the free and home of the brave--heh, heh) couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful.  I actually sent an e-mail to Target complimenting them.
From there, I went directly up to New Egypt to check out the flea market and--couldn't find it.  Stopped at my friend's house to call and ask her where it was.  She told me, then I helped myself to her leftover pasta, bread, and milk for lunch and was on my way.
Boy, it's not very impressive.  To get an inside space where you could leave your stuff is $175 a month and forget that.  I don't want to make this a career, just want to get rid of stuff and make a few bucks.  It's only 6 or 7 dollars for outside tables, but I wasn't impressed with the site or the setup.  Not sure it's worth driving a 70-mile round trip, with all the attendant packing, loading, unloading, and so on involved.  We'll see.
Think I'll go to the Target in Mays Landing to see if I can get another table for the lower price.
Got an e-mail from Mike, saying he'll be here June 14, plus the next weekend, when we're all going to Jeremy's wedding, which he might also attend.  Yay!
Had my weekly Skype visit with Ellen and she said she'd probably come in July--double yay!
Addendum: Happily, I just got a Google+ call from Mike and the two little girls in Singapore showing me their new kitties. They're so precious--I mean my granddaughters, not Snickerdoodle and Malibu, although they're very cute, too.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...