Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Performance In Singapore

Started the day with great anticipation.  Son Mike had sent me the link to Livestream so I could see darling Vivian in her school play--live.
It just boggles the mind that I could see as clear as day a performance that was taking place as I was watching it 9,500 miles away.  Guess Marconi felt the same way.
I had some difficulty in getting on the site--my usual electronic ineptitude--but did a few minutes into the first act.  Vivian had a small part (the "stars" were all in high or junior high schools), but she did a very credible job, delivering her lines with great clarity and animation.  How I love to see her on stage!
A side note: I was impressed by the perfection of the English accents by two of the leads--absolutely spot on, as the Brits say.  It then dawned on me that they are British (this is an international school)--duh!
Later, I got a call from sister-in-law Regina and we caught up on this and that.  We made a date to go to lunch in a few weeks. Regina is 83 or so, and no longer drives, so I'll go up to Cherry Hill where she lives with daughter, Amy.  She asked for my older son's contact information, as her granddaughter is going to be living in Japan for three years.
The granddaughter is a helicopter pilot in the Navy, standing ready to rain death and destruction on innocent people, but of course, I didn't go there.  Cleared the request first with my son and will send.
Aside from all that, went to Shop-Rite, talked to sister Betty, got train schedule for Philly, and wrote articles on the Maritime Museum and "F.O.C.U.S.: How To Get Hired In Today's Job Market," the course for seniors (citizens, that is, not students) I'll be conducting at Stockton State next month.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...