Sunday, August 15, 2010

"It never rains, but it pours"--well that's an outdated adage if ever there was one--it never rains. More accurate: "Life is just one damn thing after another." The dryer STILL doesn't work! It heats when I first turn it on, then stops. It also seems not to be stopping after the prescribed time, which makes me think there's a timer problem. Will call Dennis yet again.
In addition, when I was in the backyard, I noticed that part of the lawn and flower beds are saturated with water. Called Bob S., who had started my sprinklers and he and Angela came over. He couldn't see what it is and I'll call the lawn service tomorrow. I suspect it's a sprinkler head that's buried.
Am still dazed over the $300 increase in my property taxes; they went up hugely last year, too. I'm afraid the Black-Eyed Susans have to be planted or they'll die--but the ground is so hard, I don't think I can do it. Nobody knows the trouble I've seen....
Oh, I guess it's not so bad, but I've been in somewhat of a low mood. A bright spot was a web cam call from P. last night. He showed me how to transfer the Palm Spring pictures. Also told me N.'s picture, a huge animal eye, eerie and mysterious, is hanging in the Ueno museum--very prestigious.
Went to the cemetery and watered, then stopped at Santori's and got a cart full of veggies. Had broccoli, cauliflower, blueberries, and cantaloupe for dinner.
When will it rain?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would FIRE those incompetent repairmen you have. Sounds like they screwed it up. In fact, you should sue them within an inch of their lives ...

Mimi said...

What?! No, no, they're friends of mine. And neighbors. Won't sue, but may call in an actualy dryer repairperson.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...