Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm now sure the wet lawn problem was the running--for weeks, if not months--hose faucet outside. Boy, I'm worried about what my water bill is going to be.
Got several calls from sister Betty. They had a heavy thunderstorm in Ventnor and electricity was out. She called first to tell me our St. James classmate, Richard Robertson, died last week. He was my first "date." He took me to the movies when we were in second grade. As I recall, my mother insisted he take Betty, too; I think she covered the cost (at the Ventnor movie, fourteen cents).
Went to the cemetery to water. I'm pleased that the hens and chickens are doing well on both graves. Dennis came and now thinks the dryer problem is in the timer board. He suggested I get a repair person from Sears or Anchor Appliance. Stopped at the latter and somebody will come on Friday--sixty-five bucks just to have him walk in the door. If I get a new one there, they start at almost four hundred, but half of the sixty-five will be applied to purchase--big deal.
Went to Kohl's after dinner and got Susan and Walter a going-away gift. They leave for Europe tomorrow. On the way home, received a welcome phone call from brother Frank, reminding me about his son and family renting a house in Avalon in a few weeks. I'll join them and stay over at least one night, maybe two.
When I went out to get the paper just now, I realized that at long last, it's raining. The stuff is pretty light, but at least it's wet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some unsolicited advice:

1. The hose faucet is most certainly some "dirty trick" concocted by your scheming no-good, nosy neighbors. I suggest that you go around tonight and break all THEIR sprinklers. Ha!

2. Why BETTY would have to pay for your movie date, I don't know. I guess to add insult to injury. Ha!

3. What a coincidence that NOW Dennis decides to "call in the pros" after he mucked the whole thing up. Buy a new one and have them send the bill to Mr. Good-For-Nothin' DENNIS (the Menace !) Ha!

4. A FREE beach house? I'd find out EXACTLY when your nephew is arriving, to the minute, and time your arrival for the same. Pack all your bags and ask "Which room is mine?" Then leave when they do. Hey, a free room is a free room.

ANON

Mimi said...

Anon, WHY DON'T YOU COME OUT FROM HIDING AND IDENTIFY YOURSELF??? Not that I need it, of course, I know who you are...
My neighbors wouldn't do that and Dennis is a good friend.
Betty didn't have to pay, my mother did.
Actually, your suggestion about Avalon isn't bad...

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...