Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good day. Got the tire patched and put back on after our walk. Dennis and Bill came to fix the dryer; they cleared out the lint inside and from the roof. Unfortunately, when I tried it, it still wouldn't dry. Called, left a message, and got one back saying they'll be back at 8:30 this morning for a second try.
Went across the street to take the O.'s picture, then wrote their profile. It came out pretty good, I think, although they aren't the most exciting couple in the world and it was hard to work an angle on them. (Geez, I sound like a reporter from the lost world of 1940. Next I'll be sticking my press card in my fedora.)
Called dear cousin, Marifran, who has kidney cancer. Luckily, it's stage one; she declined surgery and is treating it with diet and natural remedies. Hope that works; otherwise, she'll reconsider an operation.
The fun part of the day started when I traveled upstate in the early evening. We picked up three of the little boys (the other's with friends at Hershey Park) and drove to Belmar. Got there about 6:45 and spent an hour or so playing on the beach. What fun! Lots of people there and it was very festive. Got pretty wet keeping the little ones from doing more than wading in the wild surf--they kept dashing out--but I didn't care. Others got ice cream--I abstained, virtuous me--then we drove back. Was given four beautiful Black-Eyed Susans, which I hope will spread. Didn't get home until after 10:00 for the second night in a row, but didn't care about that, either.
Dentist today, then up north overnight.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...