Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First full day home started off okay: unpacked, tidied up, and went to B & B to stock up on veggies. Joan O. called to ask if I'd write a piece for her for The Breeze. Now, I'm not crazy about doing this for people--I'm no ghost writer--but in her case, I acquiesced. After meeting with her, I realized I didn't have a "Profile" piece done, so called Bob and Cookie O. (no relation) and interviewed them.
I'm often lonely around dinnertime and I go out. Decided to drive over to the cemetery, as I hadn't gone for several weeks. Did that (my pal, Ernie, was there "visiting" his wife) and watered both graves.
As I was leaving Jay's, I heard and felt an noise and bumping under the car. Pulled over near the entrance and got out to investigate. Agh! There was a thick wire sticking out of my left front tire! Tried to pull it out and couldn't. Called AAA and when they asked where I was, I realized I'd didn't know the actual address--wasn't even sure of the municipality; told them to look it up. They did and said help was on the way.
I had left home about 6:00 and by the time the guy got there, it was close to 9:00 and almost full dark. He put the temporary tire on and I drove home at 30 mph, furiously honked at all the way. Didn't get in until about 9:30 and to bed until almost 11:00. After our walk, will take tire to be patched or whatever the hell they do. Some welcome home.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...