Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Had a delightful lunch with Ellen V. at Applebee's. We talked about my trip to Palm Springs, as well as her own white-water rafting in Arizona, which she did for ten days in July. Now this is a woman several years older than I am, so woo-ee, good for her! Mary H. and her daughter were also there for lunch and they came over to chat with us. Mary got the role of Madame Arcati which I coveted, so I should have put poison in her iced tea, but the fact is, I like her a lot and (gulp!), she'll do a wonderful job in the part. Went to Wal-Mart after I left Ellen and picked up a prescription. I had stopped at the doctor's office earlier to straighten out my confused medication and think I now have it all straight.
Not so delightful was discovering the probable cause of the backyard water problem. The guy from Meticulous came and saw that the faucet in the back where the hose is connected was dripping. Aagh, I haven't used in for a month or more, so I'm cringing at the thought of my water bill.
Got home and waited for Dennis, who had said he'd be back to look at the dryer after 4:00. He didn't come, so either he forgot or--. Well, I guess he forgot.
Wider And An Explanation: The second and third comments below refer to something I wrote in reaction to the following article in AntiWar.Com:
http://original.antiwar.com/solomon/2010/08/16/gen-petraeus-goes-to-media-war/
I had first added this reaction to my post here, but then decided to remove it. I'm thinking about expanding it later for an entry on the "Dead Horse" blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mimi,

You will never get anywhere being such a goody two shoes!

1. You SHOULD poison that contemptuous shrew Mary H. She probably slept with the director to get her part. (And poison her daughter for good measure!)

2. If I told before, that Frank is NO GOOD, no good I tell ya. Don't pay him another nickel.

3. About the water ... how convenient that the tap is left on JUST as you happen to go on holidays. It is one of those pesky neighbors, I'm SURE of it.

Jim Wetzel said...

And the very best thing about Petraeus ... he's got a perfect ancient Roman general's name! He's just the guy to finish off any trappings of "civilian" government and take us all the way into full, official Imperial status!

I can just see his triumphal parade up Pennsylvania Avenue, with a suitable party of captive wog insurgents chained to the back bumper of his up-armored Hummer. He could be the real stuff.

Mimi said...

Anon.: I'm sure Mary didn' sleep with the director, but there's no doubt she sleeps with the guy playing the lead male role in Blithe Spirit. The proof came with her to Applebee's: their daughter.
Jim: You've got it! The imperial theatrics for P. are perfect except for the fact he's a little too short to play a REAL leader. No prob, we'll just get those elevator shoes out...

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...