Monday, August 16, 2010

Finally, at long last, got the Black-Eyed Susans in. I also pulled weeds--it's incredible how thickly they now cover the beds in the back--but only in the areas where I planted. I should go out there for an hour or so a day, but will I? Probably not, I'm afraid.
Have a Biography video of Shirley Temple from the library and watched it yesterday. Really, she was an adorable little girl, who unfortunately grew up to be practically a full-time Fascist.
Received a welcome e-mail from Ellen V. inviting me to lunch and we'll meet today at Applebee's. She's directing Blithe Spirit and I'm licking my wounds over that, but still want to keep active in the theatre group. Have volunteered to help out with the production, too. Speaking of Spirit, I met Sid S., a Sunrise Bay neighbor, in Acme's parking lot and we chatted for a bit. The more I see him, the more I like him--even though, judging by his articles in the rival paper here, he's right up there with Shirley Temple in the a Furious Fascist category.
Talked to sister Betty, who will be staying with me next week while her house is rented. Talked to darling daughter, Ellen, both on the phone and via web cam; was finally able to send the Palm Springs pics to her.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...