Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yo mama! Having a fine time in the Land of the Locusts. A. took me to Philly in the driving rain. Flight was okay--I had my drugs, also managed to enjoy a beer on the plane. My darling d., Ellen, met me at LAX and took me to dinner at a vegetarian restaurant (this time I had Belgian beer). Got to El's place without incident, and I slept like a log.
Ellen's place looks great. She got new furniture and carpeting, and fresh paint since I was here last and boy, is it attractive.
El went to work and I took the bus to the shopping center. Called Betty from the Barnes & Noble and she drove over to meet me. We went shopping, then to lunch at Marie Callender's. She then dropped me off and I hung around until Ellen got home. Went to Powerful Pasta (or whatever it's called) and I had angel hair with oil and garlic, and--oh, all right, another beer. I'm always astounded at the number of places that sell booze in California--drug stores, supermarkets, the corner grocery, and, for all I know, kiddie lemonade stands.
Mike called while we were having dinner. He and entourage got into Santa Barbara about 3:00 and he'll call me today about 10:00 to make plans.
The only thing not such wonderful fun is the fact that I suddenly developed an almost unbearable itching in both hands extending halfway up to my elbows. I scratched furiously and now both areas are very noticably swollen and inflamed-. Ellen took me to an urgent care facility, but they wouldn't take my insurance. We were directed to a clinic in Oxnard which, accordng to the receptionist at the first place, will take it. Drove over there, but couldn't find the place and I decided I'd skip it and see what happens. The itching stopped finally stopped or at least, lessened considerably, and I slept well. However, the areas are still just as swollen, red, and tender. Will wait and see if the mysterious malady improves.
Maybe I'm just allergic to so much fun?

1 comment:

Pat said...

Glad you got there OK. I bet whatever you washed your hands with on the plane...in the airport or wherever was a kind of cleanser your delicate skin didn't like. You weren't digging in the garden before you left NJ, were you? And old yiddish saying...it came...so it'll go.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...