Thursday, December 31, 2009

It rained yesterday, a situation that seems to throw Californians into a tizzy. However, we braved the light drizzle and drove about 40 miles to Santa Clarita, to tour the home/museum of silent film western star, William S. Hart.
The house is at the top of a high hill and we got there by going up a winding trail. The place still has buffalos and we saw two of them grazing.
Hart was an animal lover and there's a dog graveyard, as well as a memorial and grave for his favorite horse. This is the kind of thing I enjoy a lot--don't ask me why--old-time movie stars and California history.
After, we went to Ellen's shoe store, which is going out of business, and she bought three pair at half price. We then went to George's Bistro for lunch and, as it was still raining, rented movies--"The Talented Mr. Ripley" for me and "Julia and Julie" for her--and Ellen made a delicious lentil/vegetable soup, which we had for dinner. Low-key, but still a nice day.
NOTE: I was sorry to hear from director Tara that she has to cast "Steel Magnolias" before I get back, so I can't audition for a part. She asked if I'd act as understudy for the two "older women" parts, which I want to do IF that means simply covering the parts during rehearsals during an absence, which I think it does. I don't want to have to memorize just on the assumption I could be needed if somebody gets hit by a truck or something. I'm pretty sure that's not what would be required,though.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...