Monday, December 21, 2009

Well, today's the day--my actual (UGH!) birthday. I got e-cards from dear friends Lynne C. and Pat and Rich R., as well as neighbors, Judy and Roman. Also received birthday wishes from lots of family and friends on Facebook.
I'm not too happy to have arrived at the advanced age of 57 (oh, geez, what a lie; I'd LOVE to be 57!) or rather, at my present stage of decrepitude, but at least I'm healthy and in fairly good shape.
Yesterday, Mike picked up our little house guest, Vivian, and they all left for Tahoe. Ellen and I then we prepared for the trip, on which we'll embark this morning. Did wash, went to stores, and packed. El made me an excellent dinner of pasta and meatballs and I went to bed early. Had a curious dream about my good friend, Elaine M., who died 6 years ago. Won't describe it--there's nothing more boring than other people's dreams, unless it's a description of the T.V. show they saw last night--but I felt a slight melancholy when I woke up.
Called brother Frank in Alameda and we'll stop there on our way back home. Mike called Ellen after I went to bed and said snow "showers" were expected, so we'll stop overnight on our way. Heard from A. via e-mail--they had 18 inches of snow in Jersey, for heaven's sake, so we have nothing on them! I understand that Virginia, where my brother Jim lives, had the most snow recorded there--not sure how much.
At 7:10 am, Frank and Marybeth called to sing me the happy birthday song. Got birthday wishes from A., too, and lots of others.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...