Friday, December 18, 2009

After I got back to Ventura yesterday, I more or less vegged out until Ellen got home: lay on the couch and read. We decided--surprise!--to go out to eat, so went to Marie Callender's for a mediocre dinner and good, good talk. Stopped at stores to stock up on supplies and order a sandwich tray for the birthday party on Saturday, then went home. I felt wonderful after a shower and we watched an old "Twilight Zone" with Orson Bean and Henry Jones, two actors who used to work all the time. Mike called to discuss plans for the party; he said Vivian can stay overnight with us then. I went happily to bed and slept well, although my cold is still active.
Now here's a funny--and intriguing--happenstance: I got up a little later than usual a short time ago at 6:30 and as I was about to go downstairs, my cell phone rang. It was Mary Ellen M., one of my acting company buddies, thinking I was still in Jersey, where it would be 9:30 am. She was calling to ask why I hadn't auditioned for "Steel Magnolias" the other day. Of course, I was already here, so couldn't, but she urged me to contact the director, Tara, to tell her I'm interested. I definitely am and asked ME to give me Tara's number and she will.
Hmm...now I'm hoping this isn't simply ME's idea. I had e-mailed Tara to tell her I'd be gone from December 13, so couldn't be at the open board meeting. I assume she'd gotten the message and would surmise I couldn't audition either, but I don't know that for sure. AND, more important, I don't know if it would be bold and presumptous of me to do this, either. Mulling it over...mulling it over...

1 comment:

ispomyju said...

Your article very good ~ continues to share to everybody.......................................

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...