Saturday, December 12, 2009

Busy day yesterday, which included much fun and some sadness. Barb H., her sister, Pat G., and yet another Pat--H.--and I went to lunch at Debra's Dream Cafe in the Tuckerton Emporium, then to the Tuckerton Christmas Tour, as we've done for the past several years. Susan and her daughter and granddaughter joined us for lunch, but skipped the tour.
We had a great time, as we always do, and the tour included houses decorated in various ways. One featured copious amounts of purple and silver--pretty, but you'd swear you were in Macy's window--another a Victorian theme. In that one, the homeowner had in her bedroom a mannekin wearing the woman's own Victorian-style wedding gown. We were taken aback to learn she kept it there all the time--bizarre! (And scary, if you ask me.) Some houses seemed very much over-decorated--guess I go for the more subtle--but they were all fun to see.
Got home about 4:30 and I immediately changed, then walked around the corner to Mary Ann Van O.'s. I had just been told that her Bart had died Thursday; he had had COPD, as Pat did, and had been on hospice. We hugged and cried, then talked quietly. Her daughter, SIL, and three grandchildren were there and Mary Ann insisted I stay for dinner, which I did. Neighbors had brought over salad and pasta, and with Italian bread and a nice wine, we had a good dinner.
Today, I have a slew of errands and chores to do, as tomorrow's the big day. Can't wait to see Ellen, Mike, and the rest of them.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...