Thursday, December 03, 2009

Went to Peterson's Monuments in Egg Harbor City and told them what I want on Pat's tombstone. Come to think of it, it's my tombstone, too. I guess that should have been a melancholy task, but it wasn't. I'm anxious to have it done, as I want to plant flowers on the grave, and so on. (Why? I don't know. I only know I need to do that.) I was told it would take up to three months before it's in place. Well, no matter, I guess we have plenty of time--eternity, that is.
Other than that, I just cleaned up after the party. Got a call from Mary Ellen, saying she was sorry she missed it. I also got a note from her; wrote her an e-mail back. Called Joe and Flo, whose annual Christmas party I'm attending tonight. Offered to bring leftover cheese and crackers, plus the cranberry wine Ellen gave me and they accepted. A. came at my request to get my big suitcase from the attic; must start packing for my trip. I gave her a lot of what was left from my dinner party for her and Mike's dinner. I hate to waste food and was glad she could use it.
I woke up (at 4:45, a half hour ago) to extremely high winds. I'm glad I took the cushions off the porch and hope the wicker furniture is still there.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...