Saturday, December 05, 2009

Went to Macy's and picked up some Christmas presents. Stopped at Santori's after to stock up on veggies. Drove to Wal-Mart to exchanged one CD player for another. Finished "The Lovely Bones" and started reading Augustan Burroughs' "Possible Side Effects." It's a lousy book, but I'm on a Burroughs kick, having just finished "Running With Scissors," which I've read before.
It felt like a busy day, but I'll be darned if I got much accomplished. However, I guess I don't have to "accomplish" anything, so that's okay.
LATER: Back from Weight Watchers and I'm afraid my inexorable gain is continuing. I'm up .6, so am at 143.2, with a total weight loss of 56.4 pounds. I attribute that to this weeks' two dinner parties--mine and the L.'s--although I may be kidding myself. What's looming ahead is almost a solid week of more dinners and lunches, then California. Gotta buckle down, buckle up, or buckle sideways to end this thing...

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...