Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So-so day. Nothing going on except the usual--interminable--care giving and housekeeping chores, aside from the following:
Late in the afternoon, husband Pat was watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Now, I always loved that movie, so I sat down to watch it. It was just as enjoyable as ever, especially the big crowd scene when everybody follows Matthew Broderick in a rousing rendition of "Twist and Shout." I always thought Mia Sara, the young actress who plays his girlfriend had a unearthly beauty. Now she's 42 years old and, judging from her pictures on Internet sites, is not particularly striking.
Watching television in the daytime always seems to me the height--or depth--of a sad existence and intellectual depravity. Geez, it was sunny and hot--I should have been at the pool, or gardening, or at least putting in a load of wash! Well, so what--I pretty much toe the line most days and it's one of my favorite movies. Why? I have to admit the whole premise--defying convention and walking away from your obligations--appeals to me, even if I rarely have the guts to follow the idea.
Incidentally, I checked and found out Ferris Bueller came out twenty-three year ago! At my age, that seems if not yesterday, maybe the day before yesterday, but still, it was a long time ago. No matter, it was a mildly enjoyable interlude and I need all of those I can get.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...