Saturday, July 25, 2009

One of the many things I love about summer--my favorite season--is the comings and goings and getting togethers. Yesterday, after settling Pat, I tooled down to Ventnor to Betty's. She, her friend Suzanne, and her friend, Reinie, and I went to the Greenhouse in Margate for lunch. Interestingly, this is where Reinie met her husband of 30 years, whom she lost just a few months ago.
This spot has a long history. When we were at that after-high- school,-before-marriage age, we used to frequent the downshore bars, the purpose being to meet new guys and/or hang out with ones we knew. We often got thoroughly sloshed and the Greenhouse, along with the Beach Club--long gone--was one of the favored venues for that activity. In those days, it was pretty much a dive, dark and dank, but now it has a terrific big deck overlooking the beach.
Oh, what a pleasure to sit under an umbrella--the sun was fierce, but so welcome--washing down a deliciously rare hamburger with Miller Lite! We were there for several hours, talking and laughing, then I had to leave for home. Good, good day that raised my spirits several notches.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...