Sunday, July 05, 2009

Had a great time at the H.'s party yesterday. I went over about 5:00, was happy to be greeted with enthusiastic hugs, and sat down immediately with a Corona and lime. The food was terrific--I'm afraid I over indulged to the extent of about 6,000,000,000 calories--and the company even better. After an hour, I filled a platter for Pat (ribs, potato salad, baked beans, and several sides) and brought it two doors down to him. I then went back and got my own dinner. Besides the above, there were lots of other goodies, of course, and I was diligent about enjoying most of them. Went home again to bring Pat a big portion of delectable apple cake, then back to have myself a mound of the wonderful trifle Susan had made.
Sounds as if the eating part was paramount, doesn't it? But no--I enjoyed most being at a party. I've been sticking close to home for a long time now and oh, how I miss the laughter and the fun in being with so many good friends. Anyway, I left about 7:00, happily refreshed and passed the rest of the evening quietly with Pat.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...