Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Met Mary Ellen for dinner at Applebee's last night and had an enjoyable time getting to know her. Had a hamburger, which I was annoyed they didn't cook rare, as I had asked, but what they called "medium rare," meaning overdone. The cute little waitress solemnly informed me that Applebee's "has to" do meat that way for reasons of safety. (Oh, gimme a break.)
ME and I had a nice "getting to know you" session, along with white zin and Corona with lime. Got home a bit after 9:00 and had a bowl of ice cream with Pat. Then another bowl. Then some chocolate chip cookies.
Now I must start back on the straight and narrow, food wise. I haven't gotten weighed lately, but think I've put on a few and I want to nip it in the bud.
Earlier, I got a very welcome call from J., who suggested she come down with the boys on Friday--yay! Hope it doesn't rain, although it's supposed to, I'm afraid. Must plan something else other than the pool.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...