Friday, July 17, 2009

Enjoyed several hours of glorious free time yesterday. A. took Pat to the primary doctor at the V.A. and I took a shower, then simply sat in the living room and read my book. It was so refreshing.
Walter came over to fix the garage door, which keeps going up again when it's closed. Unfortunately, it isn't fixed. Ray came over to look at it and gave me the name of the company that replaced his. Then Dennis came over and, having had experience, said he thought the motherboard (or whatever) needs to be replaced. All agreed the mechanism doesn't last long and is pretty much a crappy one. Okay, I'll look into replacement.
Went with Frank to the production meeting for Hedda Gabler; Frank is "producer." Agreed to help with various things and enjoyed being back in the game, although I'm still licking my wounds after not getting the aunt role for which I auditioned.
Scary happening early this morning. A little before 2:00 am, I was awakened by Pat thrashing around and making puffing sounds. Got up and he wasn't responsive. Quickly poured him orange juice with sugar in it, but couldn't get him to sit up to drink it. Put more in a squeeze bottle and he was able to drink that. Then made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which he ate and finally came out of the low blood sugar thing. Cleaned up and went back to bed.
What a life.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...