Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peggy got here about 1:30, and we drove to Romanelli's Garden Cafe to meet Betty. I had the same grilled shrimp with fresh fruit I did last week and so did Peg. Yummy, yum, yum, although we remarked that only three shrimp were included.
After good talk, we parted from Betty and Peg and I went back to my house to stay for another 20 minutes or so. After she left, it was almost 5:00 and I went next door to ask Frank to come in to see the general's picture for "Hedda Gabbler." I was surprised to hear the play has been scrapped. It seems two of the main male actors withdrew; the rest of the cast was reassigned to "Deathtrap." Frank and Barbara came over to see the portrait anyway, and to chat with Pat. F. thought it would have been perfect for "Hedda" and took pictures. I don't want to be responsible for it, though, so called Betty and we agreed to meet at Jimmy Leeds Road and exchange it. Also, she'll be here today later to return Pat's car, then meet up with Suzanne, who will take her home so she can get the Rapid Rover to the airport tomorrow.
Got Pat dinner, then left with Frank for a murder mystery script session at Mary Ellen's in far off Barneget Light. Didn't get home until almost 10:00 and to bed until 11:00.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...