Thursday, November 09, 2023

Wednesday

 I ordered my last hundred bucks of OTC items while I'm under the Blue Shield supplement. My new insurance offers that, too; not sure if it'll start off in January or not. 

Asked Shannon to switch my Red tickets to Sunday and she said she'd forward to Karyn. Now, though, it turns out niece Carolyn has decided not to go after all. She's busy with a lot of obligations, plus is nervous about driving the hour or more back to Santa Barbara in the dark. I asked Ellen, but she's up to her ears at work, what with report cards and conferences. Think I'll see if Suzanne wants to go; if not, maybe Lora or Julie.

Walked over to Lalo's at noon to meet Susan Stratton for lunch, but what was this? It's closed and I had no idea. Susan came soon after and we went to Jasmine Thai instead. Had some good, interesting conversation; Susan is an archeologist (retired; I think she's in her late sixties), specializing in pre-history, and has been all over Europe, Asia, and South America engaged in--well, digging things up, I guess you'd say. Married late in life, no kids, and lives up in the hills not far from me. 

Got home about 2:30 and took a short nap (again) before I strolled over to Von's for a few things. There, I saw proof positive that Von's grapefruit are crap, compared to Target's. Yes, they're large lemons, but still--grapefruit should be three times as big! And a dollar seventy-nine, compared to one twenty-nine! 

(This grapefruit thing seems to be an obsession of mine.) Jim's coming for lunch today and I'll ask him to drop me at Target after, since they have the biggest and the best. 

Got home and Vickie came over to show me Kitty Cat, pictured below. V. asked if I would show it to niece Carolyn to see if she wants to buy it for Betty. Lora is taking me to see her on Tuesday. I hope it might amuse Betty, if Betty can still can be amused.   
The thing is unbelievably lifelike. No only does it mew, purr, open and shut its eyes, but it turns its head, raises its paw, and leans backward. (I took some videos of all that, but my phone tells me they're too large or something to transfer here.) Actually, I'm thinking of buying it myself and giving it to Betty for our birthday next month.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...