Monday, November 27, 2023

Sunday

Crossword puzzle was good--not too hard, not too easy--and I got all but two. Emailed Diane and we made a date to meet for lunch at her place today, after I drop off some Goodwill donations. Showered, washed my hair, and dressed to go to my wrapper stint at Dudley House Victorian Holiday Boutique. The pics don't do justice to the artistic items--almost all hand-made--and beautifully arranged layout, upstairs and down:


As for me, I was downstairs wrapping and that wasn't as easy as it sounds. A lot of the items were porcelain, ceramic, or glass and very fragile. I was worried about breaking something, but happily, I got through the two hours without a problem...

...except, that is, for my partner person. The setup was: two checkout/wapping stations, with a person at each. My person was Sheila and the routine was for me to receive the items, remove the price tags, and put them in a bowl for Sheila to ring up while I wrapped. Sounds simple, but it wasn't. Sheila was  constantly giving advice, interfering with what I was doing, and generally acting obnoxious. It turned out that she's one of the vendors; she's a glass maker, and to be honest, some of her wind chimes were truly beautiful. Her persona, though I found anything but, and was glad to be there for only two hours. 

After, I went downstairs and bought a few items, including a tree ornament for the Soaring Spirit dinner next week. Saw Lynn, docent director, whom I've known since I started docenting six or so years ago, and we chatted. Home and I made my signature turkey stir-fry for dinner.   

Earlier, I had emailed the place where those chairs from Mike came from. Heard back and was told to just take the unwanted one to UPS. Oh, sure, easy, the box weighs only about forty pounds, is very large, and I can barely push it, let alone lift it, let alone--AAGH!!!                                            Okay, I'll think of something...

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
If UPS makes deliveries to your office they may pick it up for you. Maintenance could take it to the office.
Good luck.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat, but chair company indicated they don't do that. However, I'll call UPS to check it out.

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...