Sunday, November 05, 2023

Saturday And Show Biz

Changed the bed linens after breakfast and remade. Gathered together my docent outfit for today: long, heavy black skirt, black and white striped shirt, velvet belt, cameo pin, velvet handbag, lace gloves, old fashion eye glasses, and fan. I'm hoping against hope it won't be hot today.

Had just a bite for lunch, then showered, washed my hair, and dressed. Walked over to Vickie's at 12:45 and off we went to pick up Diane. We got to the theatre early and I greatly enjoyed seeing Ken, Lisa, Bryan, and especially, Karen, who was directing and who directed me in After All This Time. Alphonse and Lindsay came in, too, and there were hugs all around.  Then we went in to the interesting and stylized set and sat in the front row. 

This was a very different show and play from the usual short, locally written ones we've usually done. It had been on Broadway and depicted the ideas of a well-known artist, Mark Rothko, and his assistant, Ken, also an artist. Only those two players performed, there was no curtain or intermission, and the set was minimal. After, the actors, director, and set designer/prop person, all of whom I know well, sat with the autiest for an impromptu question and answer session with the audience. 

From left: director Karen, Ben and Mike, who performed, set designer Christina, and Katherine, who led the after-play session. 

How was the show? Fabulous. I called and left a message for my niece, Carolyn, who is an amateur artist herself (and a really good one). The Red run is short--over next week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and I'll see if Carolyn might want to go. I want to see it again, so I hope she does.   

We went for dinner to the Chinese restaurant next to Trader Joe's  and that was good. Just got up at 4:30, and found a text from Carolyn that she was out at a show last night and would call me this morning. Took my weekly bone pill and, since you have to wait a half-hour after, am counting the seconds until I can have my coffee.

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...