Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Monday

I got a call yesterday from "Tonya," of the Little Egg Harbor Municipal Authority, to tell me the water bill for my house was in arrears and if it isn't paid by next Monday, the house would be put on the sheriff's sale list. W-H-A-TT?? I immediately called my tenant, Susan, and we straightened it out. It seems she pays via her account in TD bank and it was scheduled for the tenth. Susan sent me pictures of the documents that show that and I'll call Tonya back today. 

Incidentally, when I called Susan, she was on a boat in Florida with her grandchildren. It boggles the mind that we now take for granted, situations like this: three different states, miles apart, were involved in this exchange. Of course, I regularly see and hear my son, Mike, in Singapore, and now we're talking more than eight thousand miles. 

Left for the Stone Fire Grille and walked most of the two miles there. Only six of my Soaring Spirits pals were there, but we had a good time. Vera, Renee, and I sat together and had some interesting conversations. Vera and the others then left and Renee and I sat talking for a good two hours, mostly about religion, capitalism, and the alarming tendency of so many to simply accept what's presented by the media and the government. 

We said goodbye and I walked over to Barnes & Noble. Bought another puzzle book, then took Ralston Street to walk to the market, another mile or more, so I got in some good exercisetey. Bought tissues, sweet potatoes, and a few other things. then bused home. Took an hour's nap, then pared, cut and roasted the two pounds of sweet potatoes. Had them and the rest of the cauliflower for a vegan dinner. 

Note: This is what Ellen made for The Day of The Dead. She asked the children in her third grade class to name someone who meant a lot to them and who had died. I think it's wonderfully imaginative and I was touched that she included her own Dad. 


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...