Sunday, July 10, 2022

They're Here!

Wouldn't you know, I had a hard time in the sleep arena over Friday/Saturday night. Finally drifted off, but only for a few hours. However, I didn't feel particularly sleepy during the day, so no prob.

As soon as I got up, I stripped the bed and put the strippings in the washer. When they were in the dryer, I washed the rest of my clothes. Cleaned the kitchen counters and dusted the living room and bedroom furniture. Called Ellen to ask if she wanted me to meet her in town; she does, but decided on midtown, then Target.

Cleaned the bathroom, then jumped in the shower. Went over to Von's and got lunch meat and peanut butter for the boys. Continued cleaning and dusting, jumped in the shower, then left to meet Ellen in midtown. The first place we stopped didn't have what she wanted, but the second did: At Big Lots, she bought nice, tall, white cabinet for her newly uncluttered laundry room.

We went to Jasmine Thai for dinner, sharing chicken sati, pad Thai, and vegetable thin rolls. Back to my place to sit and chat, then at about 9:45, the boys breezed in--YAY! 

Hugs and kisses all around, then we talked, laughed, I showed them around, told them they could have anything they saw that they wanted, and it was so good. By the time El and I left for her place, it was 11:00, later than I've been up in years.

Her guest suite looks fabulous! Not only is the entry/laundry room, now cleared of the monster washer and dryer, so much roomier, but she re-did the guest room. She moved to bed to the other wall, took out the large desk, and added and substracted a few other things, and it looks wonderful. 

After bringing in my (as usual, much-too-much) stuff, including this laptop, we said good night and, boy, I had the best sleep I've had in weeks on that wonderfully comfortable bed. It's now 7:00 am and I'm feeling more rested than I was afraid I would. In a few hours, it's back to Ventura and our little gathering--can't wait!  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...