Thursday, July 14, 2022

Delightful

A delightful day with the boys.  El and I drove over to pick them up, since Daddy-O Joel had gone to Arcadia for pickleball. I selected and packed up a few items (a change of clothes, tangerines, and so on),  and Joel showed El some drum moves on his practice apparatus:

We then took off for the mall, since El had promised Joel, Sr., she'd get a box of See's Candy for him to give his lady friend. She did, we lunched on Thai Chinese Sri Lanka  Asian food bowls, then it was off to the beach:


J. and T. ventured down to the water and put their feet in, but cooler heads prevailed for E. and me.
 
It was an overcast and windy day, so we stayed only 45 or so, then drove back to Ojai, where the four of us had a lively game of Bogle (El won, but I did get "quota," which caused some envious groans by the others). The plumber came to start the new washer hookup; it and dryer are scheduled to be delivered on Saturday. 

We went to Papa Leoni's for dinner on the pleasant patio. By the time we took the boys back to Ventura and my place, it was close to 10:00. I went to bed soon after and slept like a stone until 6:00, late for me.

The guys are going to Venice Beach today and I was going to accompany them, but decided against it. I know they like me around, but I don't want to slow them down and maybe they can stand some time to themselves. 
Another pic from Monday on Shelf Road:

And one more from Greg's terrific dinner on Tuesday: 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...