Sunday, July 24, 2022

A Good Day With Mike

Had a good, fun day with Mike. He arrived at 8:30, bringing his breakfast (a bagel and iced tea) with him. We then headed out to the Saturday farmers market in town. On the way, we stopped at a yard sale--looked around, but I was persuaded not to buy anything 

At the farmers market,  I bought some wonderful squash, tangerines, and broccoli and Mike a grapefruit. We were amazed at the size of the onions at one of the stalls--one would feed a whole family, I think. Here's Mike with two of them: 

We then set off for the canal walk in Oxnard. It was a lovely day and we strolled around the harbor, about a mile and a half, all told. Mike wanted to go to a tea place in Camarillo, so we drove there. It's called "All Things Tea" and, although I don't like tea much, I agreed to have--well, high tea there.

It was delicious! I had iced tea, Mike hot and we had tiny, elegant little sandwiches, two flavors of scones (one called "lemon and rosemary"--we had to order that), and little desserts of chocolate something and blueberry cheesecake. Mike picked up the check, at the sight of which I almost collapsed--with tip, an even seventy bucks! I guess I'm naïve, but that seems more like dinner with drinks to me. Well, it was a lovely experience: 


After, we stopped into Marcia's Treasures and I bought Mike a book called Tea Serenade. We then went to the Conejo Canyon park and took a lovely walk through the woods and by a babbling brook:


Then it was off to the Pleasant Valley Museum and botanic garden, where Mike rang the old school bell from 1922:

  and mounted the old tractor just for fun:

We chatted with the 90-year-old volunteer curator (who had been a teacher for years at local schools) and I took a picture of them, as they both had fun shirts on:
I then asked Mike to take me to WinCo to get some heavier stuff and he did, then took me home and  we said goodbye. He's driving up to Cupertino today and will be back on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...