Saturday, July 30, 2022

Friday

The weight news was not good on either front: 133.8 at home for a gain of 1.8; 132.5 for 1.7 up. I knew I've been sabotaging my own efforts and I know how I've been doing it. Will resume the regiman that got me down 52 pounds. We had a guest named Valerie, who goes to leader Lennie's church (Trinity Lutheran, where we meet). She was touting a program called Otavia and went into detail about it, including the fact that some "meal" ingredients are sent to participants, and that you "graze," so are "fueled" six times a day. She lost thirty pounds on it. I had three key questions: 1. How much does it cost? ($400 a month); 2. Does she get compensated (yes). 3. How long ago did she reach her desired weight? (In March of 2022). It seemed to me just a combination of Jenny Craig and other weight programs, all of which are almost impossible to follow for life.

Home at 10:00, had my usual Friday late breakfast, then tried to get in touch with first, my property insurance agent, then Chase, which holds my mortgage. It seems the insurance wasn't received and, after what seemed like hours on various holds, I was told they were having problems with their systems and to call back in an hour. Did so and that section was having problems with their systems, too, so I'll call back on Monday.

Texted Mike, as I knew he was to return from L.A. and, indeed, he was in transit. He knocked on my door about noon and, after this and that and chat, we walked to Kimball Park over the footbridge. There were slim pickins' in the little lending library, but I picked up a book and left one. We walked back partly down Telephone Road and when we got home, Mike suggested we go in to the pool. We did--or he did--and I no sooner felt the temp, then spent time in the hot tub, which felt good--Mike joined me for a time, then we went home. He left about 5:30, as the camp where Violet is attending, was having an Instagram program at 7:00. I watched some, but it was mostly some loud musicians and I couldn't stand it for long, so went to take a shower. We have rehearsal at 10:00 today, also head shots. 

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...