Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Cancellation and Various

I was preparing and cooking the latest load of veggies when Mary Ann Van O., called about noon.  She had been enthusiastic about accompanying me to the van tour, but now she was "sick" with "a head infection."
I think she was lying in her teeth.  I had been with her all day Thursday* and she was perfectly well.  She didn't sound sick, act sick, or indicate she felt sick.  I think she just decided she didn't feel like going.  I've had some run-ins with her before and found her to lean toward "Mary Ann first, the rest of the world a distant second," so I'm just as glad she pulled out.  Her conversation is tiresome and her company tedious.  I've gone on a lot of van tours and I'll probably have met some of the people from other areas who will be there today.  I'd just as soon hang out with them, anyway.
Went to Manahawkin on errands, then to Acme.  Did a fair amount of work on the acting course and on The Shadow. Called a rehearsal at my house for Tuesday; I particularly want George and Aline there, as they had been in Sound of Music when we met before. Told Grey, Dayle, and Chuck, who come from a distance, they were welcome, but didn't have to come, but Chuck wrote back that he will, anyway.
Frank-Next-Door is unavailable, too, but will come for the full "program" on the fifth.  Speaking of Frank, that great guy e-mailed me to the effect that it was time to cover the AC.  He covers and uncovers mine every year; a wonderful neighbor.
Must make my lunch and otherwise get ready for the van tour.
* Note from my previous entry that I accommodated her last-minute change for lunch and opera after she called to request it Thursday morning.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...